Connecting with fabulous presenters is a key perk of being the Writing Labs Coordinator for the Palm Springs Writers Guild, including January's presenter, Margaret Lucke.
"From Brilliant Idea to Successful Publication"
January 13, 2023 1:00 PM -3:00 PM
A Palm Springs Writing Lab on zoom
From Brilliant Idea to Successful Publication
Everyone has stories to tell, and many of us want to put our stories into the hands of readers. The start of a new year presents a good opportunity to take a big-picture look at what you want to accomplish with your writing in the months ahead.
In this session we’ll explore the process of developing your story, from getting the initial spark, through putting it down on the page, to getting it published and out into world. Whether you are writing a novel, a short story, a memoir, or a personal essay, you’ll come away with inspiration, helpful information, and a clear idea of the path that leads to becoming a published author.
What you will learn:
· How to find story ideas when you need them
· The six essential elements of any good story
· How to approach doing the necessary research
· Strategies for writing the first draft
· Strategies for rewriting process
· Approaches to getting your story published